Kilt Handstitched Special Weave
Special Weave Kilts are made from tartans that are registered but not woven in the existing range of tartans. As special weaves there are a variety of colours that can be used to create a different colourway or look to that of tartan. This does not detract from the tartan but offers an alternative colourway that may be best suited to your individual requirements.
Their is a min buy of 10 meters to be woven by the mill which is £75 per meter making it £750 in total for the 10 meters. As you have had the tartan woven it is then £295 to have the kilt made.
Gordon Nicolson Kiltmakers' team of hand picked kiltmakers make to the highest possible standards. These quality kilts include;
- 8 yards of tartan to give the maximum number of pleats and depth to every pleat.
- Kilts are individually shaped on the pleats to your exact size to make sure that no sagging or slipping occurs whilst wearing the kilt.
- The shaping on the kilt ensures that it fits into the small of the back. This gives the best possible hang and swing to the kilt.
- Kilts made either to the sett or stripe as requested.
- 3 buckles are put on the kilt to provide the best possible fit.
- Patterned matched sporran loops and waistband.
- Kilts are made with room for growth finest quality canvas & lining. These natural fiber products allow the kilt to breathe more easily & make the kilt feel comfortable.
- Our tartan comes from long established Scottish mills whose quality and sett size are the industry standard
- Delivery time of 8 -12 weeks but can be quicker depending on the time of year ordered We can supply all tartans apart from those which are restricted.
To view our measurement guide click here.